- Park in an available or reserved space (green light, or blue if reserved)
- Shift to neutral, lift up the parking brake, remove key from the ignition, and remove all personal items from inside the car
- Lock the car by tapping your user card on the reader by the driver’s side mirror
- Plug in the car by tapping your user card on the lid of the charging point, carefully releasing the cable, and plugging into the port on the right rear side of the car
- Look for a trip summary notification on your mobile phone
- Green: You can return the Bluecar to this charging point without a reservation.
- Blue: If you have a reservation, you can return the Bluecar to this charging point.
- Red: Do not use. This charging point is in maintenance. Your rental will not end if you attempt to return the car here.
Yes, you are charged at the per-minute rate from the moment you check out the car to the moment you return it to a BlueLA station.
However, we also provide rental packages for your long term trips at discounted prices.
Your trip must always begin and end at a BlueLA station. During the course of your trip, however, you can stop/park the Bluecar in any legal parking spot. You will be responsible for any ticket or legal infraction incurred during the rental period.
Press the key button on the console to lock the Bluecar doors from the inside.
Shift into Neutral gear and pull up the parking brake.
The lever to open the trunk is located underneath the driver's seat on the right-hand side. Pull the lever to open the trunk.
The ‘ignition’ key is hanging from a cord on the right side of the steering column. If you discover that the cord has been cut or the key removed from the vehicle, please call customer service immediately at 1 (800)212-1079 , and you will be assigned a new vehicle.
Yes, a LATCH system is installed in the back seat of the vehicle to enable securing a child seat for safe transport of young children.