If you wish to opt out of auto-renewal and cancel your annual membership for the next year, please submit your request at least 14 calendar days before the auto-renewal date, in one of the following three ways:
To report a lost or stolen user card and to request a new card, contact customer service by phone at 1(800) 212-1079 or through the messaging function on the mobile app or website. Your missing card will be disabled, and you will be issued a new card and pairing code. You also have the option to pair a new TAP card to your account.
Upon sign up, you set a secure personal identification code to prevent another person from using your card to start a rental.
- Secure the Bluecar and immediately call 911 or otherwise inform the police and emergency services of any potential injuries
- Call BlueLA Customer Service at 1-800-212-1079 or via the blue button located on the center console of the Bluecar to report the accident and receive instruction
If your Bluecar is illegally parked and consequently towed away during the rental period, first notify BlueLA by sending a message through the mobile app or calling customer service at 1 (800) 212-1079. All associated administrative fees and costs for retrieval of the vehicle will be charged to your BlueLA account.
- If you get a ticket during your rental period, first notify BlueLA by sending a message through the mobile app or calling customer service at 1 (800) 212-1079. You are responsible for payment of the ticket and have 15 days to pay it directly to the issuing authority. If you cannot pay it within that time, the ticket amount plus a $25 handling fee will be charged to your BlueLA account.
Check the following:
Press the A/C button on the center console to activate the air conditioning, then position the air temperature control to the left (blue) for cool air.
Gently turn the steering wheel right then left while also turning the key to disengage the steering wheel lock.
1. Turn off the ignition, remove the key, put the car in neutral, and pull up the parking brake.
2. Hold your card up to the inside of the reader near the driver side mirror for a few seconds until the car locks.
3. Wait 5 seconds and hold your card up to the reader again until the car unlocks.
4. Insert the key again and turn on your Bluecar.
Before driving, report the damage or cleanliness issue by calling customer service at 1 (800) 212-1079, or via the blue button located on the center console of the Bluecar. You may be assigned a new vehicle.